Manager, Publications and Scientific Communications
Our biotechnology client has an immediate need for a Manager, Publications and Scientific Communications, on a long-term contract basis. Reporting to the Director, Scientific Communications, Medical Affairs, you will maximize the reach of the company’s scientific communications. You will also be responsible for developing scientifically accurate medical content including publications and supporting overall communications strategies. The Scientific Communications & Publications Manager will work closely with agencies/vendors for the creation and revision of medical content, and/or will directly create this content. This position is REMOTE and part-time 20-25 hours/week (more if needed).
- Develop scientifically accurate publications (peer-reviewed manuscripts, abstracts, posters, oral presentations) in concert with agencies/vendors or directly.
- Coordinate publication reviews (internally and externally with investigators and thought leaders) and manage integration of reviewer comments.
- Ensure that all developed materials are reviewed and appropriately signed off according to the company’s publication policy.
- Ensure all assigned company-sponsored publications are developed according to good publication practice, including published guidelines (e.g., GPP3, ICMJE, CONSORT).
- Maintain publication archives and literature resources.
- Support communications strategies including publications plans and scientific platform.
- Provide support for additional medical content as needed (e.g., standard response letters, medical slide decks).
- As needed and in collaboration with key stakeholders within Medical Affairs, provide support for medical communications activities at key medical congresses, including the development of medical booth materials and meeting summaries to internal audiences.
- Perform scientific review and copyediting as needed.
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and summarize data.
- Keep current in product and medical knowledge, best publication practices, and applicable regulations and guidance.
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, MS in scientific discipline) preferred.
- 2+ years’ relevant industry experience in medical/scientific publications, either in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or diagnostics industry or related field (e.g., medical communication agency)
- Experience in executing publications tactics, including peer-reviewed manuscripts as well as congress abstracts and presentations.
- Experience directly creating and/or editing medical content including publications.
- Experience working cross-functionally, e.g., with medical leads, HEOR, biostatistics, clinical development, Medical Science Liaisons, and medical information.
- Strong working knowledge of ICMJE recommendations and GPP3
- Certified Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) credential preferred.
- Experience developing medical information letters and/or other medical content (e.g., slide decks, medical booth content) is preferred.
- Previous responsibility for managing key vendor relationships is preferred.
Please follow the link below to submit your application for Manager, Publications and Scientific Communications.