Principal BSA (Digital Mortgage)
Our client, a national mortgage company, is innovating its digital back office and transforming operations. They are developing proprietary modules, micro applications, and virtual assistants to support loan processors, underwriting and funding. They need to hire a Principal Business Systems Analyst on a full-time, regular hire basis in their offices in Irvine to work on these new digital systems on the origination side. No prior experience in digital mortgage is required so this is a great opportunity to join and learn.
Reporting to the SVP of Digital Strategy and Transformation, you will be the main liaison between business users and technical teams to identify, analyze, translate needs into specifications, and provide support for various systems.
POSITION SUMMARY: The loan origination Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing and documenting requirements for the new digital platforms, verifying specifications, testing these systems, and working with IT, product management, and business users to solve systems related issues.
- Interacting collaboratively with Operations staff, development team and users in defining critical business needs, translate these into systems requirements, and implement solutions.
- Articulate requirements to technical and non-technical teams in a variety of ways, including diagrams, business requirements, technical specifications, use cases, data samples, etc.
- Evaluate and reconcile information gathered from multiple sources; distinguish user requests from true underlying needs and best practice applications.
- Support the work of senior data analysts as they translate analysis into meaningful insights
- Research to identify underlying root cause for issues using data
- Support the work of Report Writers by validates data reporting sources by working with IT and other departments to resolve any discrepancies.
- Diagnose system problems and work internally, across the organization, to solve them
- Assist to identify test case scenarios.
- Well versed in using Business Analysis tools/techniques.
- Degree with major course work in a discipline related to this position preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of Mortgage Lifecycle / Loan Origination is required.
- 3+ years of problem solving, debugging skills and application support experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL (query writing for data analysis)
- Strong documentation skills, with ability to act as a product functional and technical expert
- Understanding of data analytics, BI concepts and structures, data anomalies
- Understanding of report development, ad hoc request, building dashboards, complex databases
- Knowledge of SDLC is a plus, as is MS Visio, UML or similar
- Strong verbal skills and have the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter and organized
Please follow the link below to submit your application for Principal BSA (Digital Mortgage).