Desktop Deployment / PC Technician
|Location||Los Angeles, California [CA]|
Our favorite client in downtown Los Angeles, conveniently located on the Metrolink, needs to hire a PC Deployment Technician on a six (6) month contract basis. As a PC Deployment Technician, you will be responsible for configuring and installing 2,000 personal computers (laptops) that have been loaded with Windows 10 and Office 365 throughout various facilities in LA County.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the deployment/PC technician will assist IT staff to deploy these systems and provide technical support and troubleshooting to the end users as issues arise. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about how a laptop is built with application software, can handle coordination with end-users, and importantly, has a diversity of technical skills to be able to resolve just about any operating system, office productivity, and technical problem that comes up.
The contract is partly remote and partly onsite, with a 9/80 schedule, so every other Friday OFF!
- Configure and install personal computer (laptops), peripherals and software applications.
- Receive, unpack, and inspect equipment deliveries and maintains appropriate inventories.
- Perform initial hardware setup.
- Strictly adhere to system security operating standards.
- Provide end user training as needed for new equipment.
- Diagnose and resolve operational problems
- Identify, analyze, and resolve user hardware and software problems that may arise during deployment process
- Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consultation with users to determine hardware, software or system function specifications
- Documentation, testing, creation, or modification of computer programs related to operating systems, as well as user/system design specifications.
- Provide in-person and remote support services in a professional, timely, non-judgmental and patient manner.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with IT equipment deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of an enterprise desktop infrastructure environment.
- 2 years of experience with IT Application Software support
- Experience with Windows 10 and Office365
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please follow the link below to submit your application for Desktop Deployment / PC Technician.