Linux Engineer (Active Secret Clearance)
|Location||Denver, CO, Part-Time Onsite|
Our client is a Global IT Solutions Provider, Consulting and Business Services company that harnesses the power of the cloud, analytics, and emerging technologies to help their clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful.
They have been awarded a professional services contract involving the migration of their customer to enterprise container platforms. A Linux Systems Engineer with an ACTIVE Secret Clearance, will be hired, on a consulting basis, to perform the base installation of RHEL Openshift Container Platform (OCP) in the client’s data center as well as helping the customer define quotas and resource limits for workloads.
This is a great opportunity for a consulting Solution Architect to add a prestigious client to their portfolio and most likely lead to subsequent consulting engagements.
This unique engagement will require travel to Denver for a maximum of six (6) weeks phased out over one year for a maximum of 168 hours. Travel expenses will be reimbursed above hourly consulting fees.
Implementation Tasks and Platform Management:
- Reference Installation, Provisioning, and Validation
- Adjusting out-of-box installer to perform base installation of OCP in one (1) data center on Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS (RHCOS) instances. Installation will include clusters for SANDBOX and Non-Production (Non-Prod).
- Assessing and providing suggestions on integration with the Domain Name Service (DNS) to resolve OpenShift host and application fully-qualified Domain Names (FQDNs)
- Providing basic environment validation
- Containerized Application Deployment: Deploying up to one (1) container deployable (e.g. Java WAR or EAR files) running inside Red Hat certified containers
- Providing architecture diagrams depicting workload deployment and promotion workflow
- Helping Customer define quotas and resource limits for workload pods
- Helping Customer create and configure advanced authentication to Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Helping Customer define OpenShift projects, users, customer, and roles to match Customer’s project needs
- Operationalizing Container Platforms: Implementing operational capabilities using a sprint-based approach, including the following activities:
- Configuring users, roles, authentication, and authorization
- Configuring security, certificate management, auditability, Software-Defined Networking (SDN) multitenancy, High Availability (HA), multi-datacenter
- Installing and provisioning approaches, and failover
- Must possess ACTIVE Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with computer hardware/software integration
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux
- RedHat Openshift Container Platform (OCP) is a plus
- Linux SE experience and Linux Security Module Certifications / Training Desired Any of the following are considered a “plus”
- RedHat System Administrator