Project Manager (Active Secret Clearance)
|Location||Denver, CO, Part-Time Onsite|
Our client is a Global IT Solutions Provider, Consulting and Business Services company that harnesses the power of the cloud, analytics, and emerging technologies to help their clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful.
They have been awarded a professional services contract involving the migration of their customer to enterprise container platforms. A Project Manager with an ACTIVE Secret Clearance, will be hired, on a consulting basis, to partner with the Customer sponsor to monitor priorities, act as the single point of contact, and implement project management processes to and assist the project team and technical resources. This is a great opportunity for a consulting PM to add a prestigious client to their Project Management portfolio and most likely lead to more consulting engagements.
This unique engagement will require travel to Denver for a maximum of six (6) weeks phased out over one year for a maximum of 196 hours. Travel expenses will be reimbursed above hourly consulting fees.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing frequent status updates to sponsor, stakeholders, and other groups impacted by the project implementation
- Monitoring and control scope changes
- Defining impact to timeline for changes within the project and present to sponsor as needed
- Facilitating reviews with the team to identify problem statements and work toward solutions
- Managing internal escalations for customer support, engineering, and other Subject Matter Expert (SME)s for issues owned by Red Hat.
- Assisting with managing the project team’s expectations and scope direction on a daily basis
- Monitoring and control for all phases of the project
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years in ITO, Infrastructure Outsourcing, Transition management
- Prior demonstrated experience with numerous cloud migration, data center move/upgrade projects.
- Strong background in Virtualization, P2P, P2V, V2V, private cloud migrations.
- Experience with IT operations, voice, data, and network infrastructure projects.