Cloud Solutions Architect
|Location||Long Beach, CA|
The Cloud Solution Architect brings a broad set of domain expertise and knowledge to drive Platform adoption through designing compelling end to end workflows in conjunction with Customers and third party contributors. The purpose is to build a platform-based solution business in a range of deployments from on-prem, hybrid and Cloud. The Cloud Solution Architect will be able to demonstrate accomplished achievements in industry technologies and or practices and apply expertise to the analysis of user requirements, take a lead role in advising, specifying, proposing and defining customer focused solutions to meet user expectation.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work as part of a team on the end to end sales cycle, from the early stages of the engagement where you’re helping answer Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) through customer presentations and workshops and then producing the required client artefacts, such as high-level design documents
- Lead technical solution opportunities between Sales and the customer, providing customer with typical use case needs to help align our cloud strategy and priorities. Be contributor to cloud opportunity prioritization activities.
- Provide specialist technology and workflow support to solution design and sales teams for complex solution requirements
- Provide expert services to the Services delivery, resellers and system integrators
- Promote open solutions and interoperability based on supportable, sustainable approaches and technologies
- Deep knowledge of technology standards and best practice in Design and implementation
- Expert level skills in scoping and defining complex integrations.
- Driving development engagement with third party partners.
- Ability to work across functional teams, Product Management, Sales and Delivery
- Provide a consistent reference approach to architecting on-prem AWS stack, hybrid and full cloud deployments to the worldwide Sales team
- Act as lead contributor to technical review process for cloud opportunities
- Build typical use case scenarios to set cost expectations for cloud implementations
- Build typical hybrid and full cloud architectural concepts to support client engagement
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- You should be able to demonstrate this expertise through certification to at least architect level in Azure (70-534 or 70-535) or AWS Certified Solutions Architect to Professional level.
- You’ll have recent experience working for a technology service provider or cloud provider in a pre-sales solutioning role designing solutions for Cloud.
- Experience of complex technology and transformation projects.
- Solid grounding in the integration of complex solutions including networking standards.
- From a technology perspective, you’ll have deep expertise in either AWS or Azure, with an awareness of the other clouds in the market (Google, Alibaba, etc.)
- Private cloud experience (either VMWare or Hyper-V) and some legacy operating system experience (either Windows or Linux)
- Exposure to DevOps and understand how customers are using it to deploy both infrastructure and code to the Cloud
- You will have worked on solutions that have service management components or will have worked in an ITIL based organization.
- Positive attitude, strong organizational skills and a self-starter
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Position requires 25% travel.