Payroll Analyst (Peoplesoft)
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Our favorite client in downtown Los Angeles, needs to hire a Payroll Analyst with demonstrated functional expertise in the PeopleSoft Payroll module. As a Payroll and Peoplesoft expert, you will analyze the current payroll system and processes and will be a liaison for payroll with other organizations to make necessary improvements. You will identify opportunities to automate payroll processing tasks that are currently being done manually. This role is more of a functional analyst and not a technical role.
This position is remote, and a minimum of 6 months with the option for extension. They are a 9/80 environment, so every other Friday is OFF!
- Work with the payroll team to meet deadlines for payroll processing
- Analyze payroll data and reports to ensure efficient, effective, compliant processing
- Identify areas for improving payroll process, documenting inefficiencies; identify tasks that can be automated for faster payroll processing.
- Identify and implement payroll related process improvements Prepare, upload high-volume pay data using PeopleSoft Payroll system.
- Serve as the payroll department’s subject matter expert for all items related to payroll in PeopleSoft
- Define payroll management and user requirements
- Develop and recommend improvement to payroll policies, procedures systems, resource allocations and organizational structures.
- Act as Lead/Project Manager in payroll process and system review.
- Serve as liaison and represent the client as an expert in payroll with other staff and outside agencies.
- Excellent functional knowledge of PeopleSoft foundation business units/set ids, company/pay groups, job codes, unions, etc. Strong experience and knowledge of PeopleSoft Payroll for large, multi-company organizations, including but not limited to earnings, deductions, banking, taxation, garnishments and payroll processing, including year-end W2, General Ledger chart keys and payroll accounting.
- Experience in business analysis and testing for payroll related integrations, e.g. time loads into pay lines, ACH & GL outbound.
- Familiarity with Org instances, secondary job, leave accruals is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel and Access skills.
- Ability to translate user requirements
- An understanding or familiarity with PeopleTools, SQL, and SQR are a plus but not required.