Program Manager (Field Service Management)
Our client in north Orange County is seeking a Senior Program Manager on a contract basis to be responsible for the overall management of their technology revamp program. They need someone seasoned who has managed large complex multi-system, multi-platform implementation with over 120 integration points. This is a 12-month project with possibility for extension.
The Program Manager provides overall leadership and management of the assigned program team(s) and their IT projects. This role is a “working supervisor” who is responsible for estimating, planning, and implementing cost effective solutions that meet business needs and requirements, as well as supervising the resources assigned to projects within his/her program.
- Oversee, develop and maintain automated project plans and leverage project management tools to keep track of tasks and resource assignments.
- Responsible to identify and mitigate issues and risks, while communicating to stakeholder and senior leadership.
- Manage stakeholder expectations—ensure that reports, estimates and status are accurately detailed and projects receive the appropriate level of priority.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating project and program status, including reporting results to managers and users.
- Contribute to the information technology road map and ensure that efforts align to that vision.
- Lead and review the team’s project estimating, analysis and design specifications to determine the priority and cost justification for suggested modifications or enhancements to existing projects.
- Manage and lead the program’s project development team members to ensure that projects meet defined timeframes and deliver functionality, value and quality.
- Provide team members with clear goals and expectations; ensure that the team’s goals are clear within the team, as well as communicated clearly to stakeholders.
- Work constructively with customers to define the scope of the project. Communicate effectively with customers to provide project status and secure customer feedback. Evaluate customer input to determine the scope and application of future projects within the assigned program.
- Promote teamwork and a collaborative work environment; maintaining a positive employee relations climate.
- Foster a culture of achievement within a results-oriented work environment; manage team issues and problems in a constructive and professional manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years leading multi-million dollar programs and multi-year projects
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Experience with field service management applications and mobile platforms
- Experience with Cloud Platforms
- Knowledge of service data and service-based businesses is a plus
- Strong analytical skills including ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems.
- Strong problem solving and problem identification skills to Identify and mitigate obstacles and conflicts in advance.
- Strong communication skills through written and verbal communication, with technical and non-technical audiences, including executives and customers