IFS Consultant (Field Service Management)
Our client in north Orange County is seeking An IFS Field Services Management Consultant on a contract basis to be the overall Technical Lead for a major cloud-based IFS implementation. They need this contractor to build out next generation Field Services Management (FSM) technologies for their rapidly growing organization. This effort will also encompass Schedule/Dispatch Optimization, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Integrated Project Management rollout.
The individual will be the overall technology lead for FSM and PM technology initiatives in the organization. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant understanding of the architecture of integrated platforms. You must have strong technical expertise in a variety of technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, Mobile) and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions. The Consultant will work in a collaborative team environment with business leaders, product owners, integration partners, and development teams. You will lead and participate in the full implementation, configuration, integration, and development life cycle in the creation of system functionality.
You also need to demonstrate a proven track record of building strong technical user relationships, working with cross-functional and geographically-distributed delivery teams to ensure a high level of user satisfaction. The Consultant is a key member of the delivery team, supporting the upstream and downstream technical interfaces during the entire system delivery process.
- Review the architecture, integration approach, and cutover strategy for enterprise-wide implementation of the ERP and FSM platforms
- Collaborate with users to discover and document system requirements
- Work with users to research, prototype and test cases
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders in sales, finance, delivery, reporting and operations teams as well as users and partners
- Work on future business systems processes and integrating acquisitions
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and apply best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of experience with configuring, integrating and supporting enterprise level ERP platforms, specifically IFS FSM or Integrated Project Management module
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent systems documentation and architecture diagram skills with thorough understanding of systems architecture, engineering, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance and security.
- Experience with field mobile application platforms
- Experience with Cloud Platforms
- Knowledge of service data and service-based businesses
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills including ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and impactful communications (oral and written) to peers and management in an appropriate and timely fashion