Transition Manager (Infrastructure Outsourcing)
|Location||Remote, Light Travel|
Our client, a global IT Outsourcing firm (Operations and Infrastructure) is seeking a Transition Manager on a long-term contract basis. This is a telecommute/remote engagement. Using your prior background in IT outsourcing services, you will be responsible for transitioning IT operations, platforms and people. You will manage the transition of the Customer with a specific focus on service quality, customer satisfaction and productivity. Additionally, the development of strong relationships both internally and with the client is a key performance indicator associated with this position. You will also serves as a cross-functional facilitator by tapping the appropriate line(s) of service and leading a service delivery team in coordinating a complete, customer-tailored solution to solving problems, filling requests, and delivering contracted services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten or more years of project, program management, or outsourcing experience.
- Strong background in Virtualization, P2P, P2V, V2V, private cloud migrations.
- Experience with IT operations, voice, data, and network infrastructure projects.
- Four or more years in ITO, Infrastructure Outsourcing, Transition management.
- Large-scale program management of multi-discipline, teams.
- Strong management and communications skills, service delivery, client relations, planning, scheduling, budgeting, financial management and earned value, resource management, negotiations, and SLA management.
- Plans and prepares the transitions for large, complex accounts and obtains agreement from the Line of Service representatives.
- Develop and maintain the ITSM Transition Management Plan
- Establish a communication strategy to ensure individuals involved are informed of the transition requirements and progress.
- Work with Project Management staff, both internal and customer, on overall design and planning of the migration
- Communicate with internal migration staff the overall requirements and help translate those into specific tasks
- Ensure that the technical and process complexities of the integration are understood and addressed
- Ensuring that the work stream leads understand the priorities and are completing their tasks
- Lead and direct internal and customer staff in identifying and deploying the required migration solution
- Required to be an escalation point for advice and to determine policy