Network Cable Technician
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Our client in downtown Los Angeles, conveniently located on the Metro line, is in the process of upgrading their wireless network throughout their 12-story building and needs a Wireless Cabling Technician on a 3-6 month CONTRACT basis. The new Wireless Network design requires adding Wireless Access Points (APs) to locations which will need new network connectivity added. They are looking for prior experience with running network (and fiber) cables from the building/floor Intermediate Distribution Frames (IDFs). Assistance may also be required to run new Fiber connectivity from the Data Centers to the IDFs.
This position requires flexible work hours and varying shifts times. Will be onsite in downtown Los Angeles with a 9/80 schedule every other Friday OFF!
- Prior experience with running network and fiber cables
- Ability to follow floorplans.
- Ability to use ladders to complete work, where necessary
- Ability to terminate network connections to rj-45 connectors.
- Assist with locating and identifying network circuits and tagging the demarcation locations from origin to termination, label and document cable pathway systems, various electronic components, and various cables like twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable and solid conductor low voltage cable per EIA/TIA standards.
- Patch network cables between equipment and the network.
- Patch power cables from the equipment to the power supply.
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in installing, building, and deploying network cables.
- Experience with Wireless Access Points and IDFs (Intermediate Distribution Frames).
- Good understanding of wireless cabling including fiber optics terminations and installation, Cat6 and Cat5e Ethernet, and EIA/TIA standards and BICSI installation Guidelines.
- Experience installing fiber and Ethernet cables in accordance with National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements.
- Knowledge of telecom transmission facilities and/or structures cabling desired.
- Knowledge of cabling test equipment is a plus.
Please follow the link below to submit your application for Network Cable Technician.