Linux System Administrator
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Our client, located in downtown Los Angeles, on the Metro line, has an immediate need for a Senior Infrastructure Administrator on a 6 month contract basis, with the option for extension. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for improving quality and daily coverage for the Unix/Linux systems, perform data protection (backup/restore), and undertake storage support (SAN/NAS) as part of the Server Administration Teams.
The contract is remote for now but will transition to onsite full-time post Covid. The client adapts a 9/80 schedule, so every other Friday is OFF!
- Perform technical administration and other related tasks pertaining to:
- Patching, securing, and troubleshooting Linux, HP-UX, and Solaris servers in a heterogeneous environment.
- Resolving server-side issues in a timely manner.
- Monitoring system performance.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting centralized backups (Veritas NetBackup) of physical and virtual servers, fileshares, and SQL databases.
- Support Dell/EMC Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage.
- Resolving trouble tickets and service requests.
- Working knowledge of server hardware.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of networking technology.
- Working knowledge of storage technology (SAN/NAS).
- Working knowledge of VMware infrastructure.
- Good customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3-5 years of extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience supporting centralized backup systems.
- Experience supporting Del//EMC SAN/NAS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Exposure to VMware infrastructure support.
- Exposure to cloud technologies (Azure IaaS, OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure).
Please follow the link below to submit your application for Linux System Administrator.