Project Manager (Data Center)
|Location||Remote, Light Travel|
Our client, a global IT Outsourcing firm (Operations and Infrastructure), is seeking a Project Manager with strong infrastructure and data center experience (global server migrations, virtualization, voice, data center moves) on a long term contract basis, with the option for remote work. The Project Manager will be instrumental in overseeing and facilitating a smooth transition to an outsourced managed service, as well as from source servers in multiple locations to a PaaS / private cloud environment.
Provide project leadership using Project Management methodology for assigned projects, cross-departmentally, including meeting facilitation.
• Coordinate and manage vendor relationships and activities associated with the relocation of the clients Data Center, such as negotiation with telecom carriers, equipment vendors, movers and colocation facilities, etc.
• Provide technical recommendations and lead the effort to meet project milestones and timeline expectations.
• Represent as the primary point of contact for all stakeholders and sponsors of the Data Center Relocation project.
• Develop and execute an approved communication plan to all relevant individuals.
• Manage stakeholder expectations.
• Facilitate and lead meetings as needed.
• Provide end-user training for implemented systems/processes along with accompanying training manuals or user guides.
• Provide and assist team members in capturing documentation for projects assigned.
• Coordination and management of application testing as needed for the data center relocation project.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
A degree from a four-year college (e. g., BS), which may be substituted with equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a an IT Project Manager.
• Solid telecommunications experience is required.
• Experience with hosting, colocation, or data center design, build and relocation.
• Network and system administration skills are preferred.
• Superior documentation skills and solid communications skills.
• Experience with network, server design and blade architectures.
• Knowledge of storage area networks and data replication technologies.
• Familiarity with process design and documentation methodologies, and design and production of quality deliverables, process and use case modeling, business case development.
• Understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and/or measures of success for the healthcare industry
• Ability to produce accurate and precise work, detect discrepancies and resolve discrepancies all while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively, independently, and as part of a team.
• Strong organization, time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.